- We are thankful to Neil Kinnon and the other founders of MVRCS for their tireless efforts and perseverance to create the foundation that MVRCS is based upon;
- We are thankful to the many teachers of MVRCS who are passionate and committed to providing ALL of our children with an exceptional education and especially:
o those teachers who have endured and been subjected to the many challenges placed upon them by the Board of Trustees, Administration, and a few of their colleagues;
o those teachers who go above and beyond the expectations of MVRCS in an attempt to create a positive, nurturing learning environment that goes beyond just the curriculum;
o All the teachers who should have made the Top 50 paid employees and didn’t yet continue to be passionate and dedicated to teaching our children without taking offense by those who did.
o We are thankful to the many High School teachers who are dedicated and passionate about ensuring our students succeed.
- We are thankful that MVRCS offers our elementary children foreign language while many of our district schools do not offer them in the lower grades;
- We are thankful to Mike and Wei An who work tirelessly to keep up the lower school facility;
- We are thankful to Bob Kravitz not only for his contributions to the upkeep of the school facilities but also for being a ‘Kinnected’ individual who takes his position and responsibilities seriously and does not abuse it.
- We are thankful to the real school nurses who take care of our children when they are sick, hurt, or just not feeling well.
- We are thankful to the receptionists in the fishbowl who are also kind, patient, and helpful to both the many students and parents who seek their assistance.
- We are thankful to the many teachers of the past who helped create the curriculum and lessons that are not part of the monkey training that the school uses (specifically the history and science lessons).
- We are thankful to the many teachers who help our students succeed by committing their time and energy to MCAS tutoring, coaching, drama productions, and the likes.
- We are thankful to the art teachers who have been conducting some amazing art projects that are truly impressive and inspiring.
- We are thankful for all of the teachers who have come and gone who suffered harassment, retaliation, and abuse for trying to do right by the students they felt were not receiving the education and services they needed.
- We are thankful for the many years of free transportation the school was able to offer parents during prior years and for the low cost of transportation this year (even if we don’t agree with their policy or handling of the same).
- We are thankful for the efforts and progress that past parents have made towards bettering the school and specifically, the Special Education Department and PAC.
- We are thankful to Ms. Goggin for all of her efforts and accomplishments with the Booster Club including the awesome Haunted Houses they did in prior years and the numerous coat drives.
- We are thankful to all of the school athletes who are committed to their sport and are working to put MVRCS on the map in the athletic arena.
- We are thankful to the uniform policy as it not only ensures an appropriate dress code and creates a sense of equality and unity but also makes mornings incredibly easy for many parents.
- We are thankful for the math and reading program in the lower school as it provides most students with a strong foundation in both.
- We are thankful for the behavior management program (when it works and followed correctly) as it sets clear expectations for the students and the warning system allows for gentle reminders to the students.
- We are thankful for Craig Turner who manages Chris Finn’s office for his handling and ‘babysitting’ of those students who are frequent visitors.
- We are thankful to the cleaning crews who come in like fairies in the night and bring the building back to shape before the students return each morning.
- We are thankful to the food staff that ensures many of our children receive their meals each day.
- We are thankful to the many staff members and crossing guards who stand outside in miserable weather conditions to ensure the safety of our children.
- We are thankful to the Action Service students who provide our children with a safe and fun environment after school hours.
- We are thankful to the students who have to do Community Service and clean up our parks, streets, collect food for the hungry and the other kind actions that they perform.
Have anyone or anything to add? We welcome your comments!